CaraGreen, LLC is a distributor of environmentally sustainable building materials. The company seeks a motivated Director of Sales who will be responsible for driving sales in the Eastern United States.
Compensation: For this full-time position, compensation will consist of a base salary that is commensurate with experience and a bonus that is commensurate with performance. Benefits include paid time off, health insurance, and 401k. This position would also be eligible for the company’s profit sharing plan.
Reports to: President
Company: In early 2008, CaraGreen began distributing innovative, high-quality sustainable building materials in the Southeastern United States. The company’s principal office is located in Carrboro, NC, and its warehouse is located in Graham, NC. With green building gaining momentum and permanency in the United States, CaraGreen desires to expand its territory beyond the Southeastern United States to capitalize on this fast growing segment of the building materials market. CaraGreen is a family-owned company whose principals have experience in green design; green product distribution; product, building, and interior design; and the professional services industry.
Responsibilities: The Director of Sales will have overall responsibility for all sales activities of the company. Responsibilities include:
* Establish and manage a network of manufacturers’ reps on the East coast.
* Expand and manage the company’s sales force.
* Prospect for potential new clients, and service existing clients, in the Raleigh/Durham area:
o Architects & Designers
o Fabricators / distributors
o Kitchen and Bath showrooms
o Green retailers
* Identify high profile commercial projects and pursue specification of CaraGreen products.
* Comprehensive use and understanding of company Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
* Participate in designated trade shows and trade associations.
* Understand Green Building Certification programs and become an Accredited Professional in the USGBC’s LEED rating system.
* Make professional presentations on products and programs.
* Create and manage sales and marketing expense budgets.
Travel: Travel on the East coast is expected initially to set up rep network, followed by regular travel within the territory thereafter (average 5 – 6 overnights per month).
* 10 years outside sales and/or sales management experience required
* Four-year college degree
* Experience with building products preferred
* Experience with manufacturers’ reps preferred
* Interest in environmental sustainability and green products is a plus
Desired Traits: CaraGreen believes the Director of Sales should possess the following traits:
* Opportunistic and entrepreneurial
* Growth-oriented and self-motivated
* Good presentation and speaking skills
* Superior follow-up skills and attention to detail
* Strong work ethic
* Fast learner
* Sales management skills compatible with company culture
* Must be a team player
Direct resumes to [email protected].